Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just updates.

not a lot of time, so just a few quick updates.

Life is good, thank you very much.

Work continues to challenge with new Flash development projects, and now I've started doing video subtitling as well. Of course, I'm still acting as Oakland's primary tech, so the distraction/frustration factor can get high at times, but it all balances out at the end of the day.

No movement on Sweetie Tanya right now, as I wait for songs to come back to me.

I'm working with Chris Hayes on a series of events that will take place at the Eureka Theatre in September. Among these events is "Submergency: Damp Summer" and a Playwright's Development workshop that Radiostar will be involved with. We've just confirmed that El Gato Diablo Children's Theatre will be joining us for Saturday matinees, which further rounds out our program.

Casting for Savage Eye Production's "The Chinese Angle" should be complete by tomorrow. I am very glad for this and will post a full cast list once I have it.

Radiostar downloads continue to skyrocket. I'm super pleased with the growth in this area!

Vacation is drawing very close, and I am watching the days tick by with glee. The only blot to all this is that there may be some passport issues. This is going to be down to the wire in some ways, and I'm trying not to dwell on it overmuch, as it's something that is completely out of my control.

Part of this new collaboration with Chris Hayes is re-looking at the space in Fruitvale. I've mentioned this before, and I hope to send a proposal to the school. I sat in at the Theatre Services Committee meeting today, on behalf of Bay Area Professional Small Theatres, and there was some significant talk about the need of theatre spaces in Oakland, so the timing on this may be perfect after all.

ok, that's it. I'll post something with a bit more wit and color later.

No comments: