Thursday, July 13, 2006

So Hollywood

A fun night, tonight. After work I took care of a few things at home, including removing headshots from my stack of people who are auditioning for the Fringe show, and finding out that the cable I bought to allow me to transmit my computer signal to a television screen didn't work. Feh.

Tonight was a planning potluck for the Fringe Festival, so I had to miss a viewing for Brian Shirmer's film. I was sorry to miss the screening, but I felt a certain responsibility to my own show. Of course, when it somes to potlucks, I'm rather pathetic. I don't cook, really. So I swung by a corner donut shop on the way to the theatre and got a dozen bundles of deep fried, chocolate covered joy. Most of the other offerings weren't much better. Asking theatre producers to bring food to a potluck is an exercise in absurdity. We buy things, and the cheaper the better.

The meeting was fine, and afterwards I grabbed a cab to the Mars Bar to join the afterparty for Brian's movie. Chris DeJong was there, with the always lovely Ann, and other members of the cast and various friends and groovy people. We drank into the evening, with pizza ordered around 11. I'm currently riding home with the producer of the film and a gentleman who is interested in doing some foley work for RadioStar. Lots of cards were passed around. It was very Hollywood for this San Francisco boy. I've convinced one of the actors from the film to audition for my show, and who knows if any of these things tonight will come to fruition. But it's been fun regardless, and one hell of a Wednesday night.

No comments: