Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday morning recap

Sunday morning. I'm chilling out and loving it.

"Riches" went well this weekend. I'm not word perfect, but that's to be expected with this much text. Every now and then a tiny line that doesn't actually impact anything gets dropped, but the audience is none the wiser. This isn't shakespeare, after all, and no one is following along with their own text on their lap. The important thing is that people are laughing at all the right spots, and some of them are leaving with tears in their eyes. It's a powerful bit of theatre, and I hope more people make it.

Audiences so far have been small, but pleased.

As for me, I'm doing well. I was able to go to Brian's birthday gathering yesterday, and that was lovely. I did the afternoon early-bird set (basically, me and the Austin-Groens) and then came back for an hour after the show closed. I got to see Zack and a bunch of animators from the SF Academy of Art.

I'm not feeling too freaked out at the moment. We start rehearsing again for Tanya on Thursday, but many of the technical details are pretty much worked out, or are being worked out by people who are more than qualified to handle them. I am again reminded what a blessing it is to be working with a qualified and committed TEAM. I do far too much myself, and I'm glad to be a little more balanced nowadays.

That said, that last few weeks have been particularly hairy. I missed Radiostar updates for TWO WEEKS. The reason was a good one, however. Between TBA, Tanya, and Riches, I've had no time in the evenings, and I've also been editing our first pass at a Radiostar serial format. I.e. a storyline/persistent universe that lasts for a full four episodes. That's over two hours of raw audio, broken down into 25 scenes. I think it'll be well over an hour of audio when it's all done. The first week is now done and ready for posting on Wednesday. The next two episodes will be cake, since I've already done a lot of the hard lifting over the last two weeks.

I hope to get one of them done today, actually.

but for now? Sunday morning, I'm going to goof off on the X-Box for an hour or two before tackling more Radiostar goodness.

No comments: