Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Transitions

Just a quick note as I'm sitting in the Phoenix pub in the Mission, preparing to go and see excerpts from the one-woman show that Suraya is working on.

As of last Thursday, I am officially "off" the Help Desk at WestEd. I can now focus on project work and on training. This was promised to me back in December and I had officially given up hope of it happening. I moved into the smaller office next door on Monday morning, although I still have a lot of rearranging to do. I'm extremely happy about this. Although I am still fielding help desk requests from time to time, my phone barely rings anymore and I've been able to make some serious progress on some projects and am re-learning how to do ActionScript in Flash.

The BAPST meeting on Monday went well enough. We're still trying to figure out what we are and how to meet our dual mandates, but I think that it gets clearer and clearer each time we meet. The trick at this point will be to connect and communicate with certain parties that are forming opinions about us without having actually talked to us about what we're trying to do. Gotta love that. Theatre Bay Area asked me and two others to lead a group designed to improve services and communication among the small theatre community (a good third of their membership) and some of those theatres are immediately taking affront to it. All miscommunications and misunderstandings, but nothing worthwhile came without struggle.

I'm very excited to announce that Rachel Efron and Jeffrey Bihr have both agreed to compose songs for "'Sweetie' Tanya". I'm extremely excited about this project and am hoping to get more of the script written down by the end of this week.

That being said, I'm off to a show.

No comments: