Thursday, May 17, 2007

ancient history

This is not new information, but I just came across it. I'm in talks with my friend Kurt about "'Sweetie' Tanya" and realized how very little I know about his musical past. I knew he was much happier doing what he's doing now, and I've always been interested in his new musical projects, but I made a rather conscious choice not to go from friend to fan-boy and went the other extreme of not checking *anything* out. Well, I finally decided to check out some of his older work, and found this fascinating account of what went down with him and VH-1 back in the 90's.

I'm no lover of "Reality shows", and have a general distrust of the news media in general and of entertainment news in particular. Kurt's experience is not terribly surprising, but revealing look at Behind "Behind the Music".

2 comments:

miika said...

Oh, I loved Information Society! And the lead singer had a wonderful voice, which would explain my being enamored of the band, *wink*

Anonymous said...

Hey that would be Kurt hubby of Michelle from the Well?? Cool.

Deb