Monday, May 14, 2007

head under the pillow

At some point I crossed the threshhold into "too much to do" land. I'm not exactly sure when it was, but I think that once I've finished the first draft of Sweetie Tanya and cast The Chinese Angle, I'll be a much less stressed monkey.

This weekend was one in which very little "work" got done. I was able to get the essential edit of Radiostar done before Mayu made it over on Friday, and Saturday was spent with my Mom. She's in town for the week, and for Mother's Day wanted to spend the day with meon Saturday and wanted to meet Mayu. Mother and Girlfriend got along famously, so all is good and right with the world.

We had considered either going to see Paul Jennings and Stephanie DeMott in Macbeth out in Berkeley when we got back home in the evening, but we got back too late to make the curtain time (again). We also considered going to the fireworks/live music spectacle KaBoom, but it was startlingly chilly out and that became a less attractive option. So we went home and Mayu was out like a light, victim to sun and mexican food. Sunday brought us Volleyball in the park, leaving us both with impressive sunburns (mine more impressive than hers... but then she has melanin). Radiostar that night was a good reunion, with Jennifer Jajeh rejoining us after a long absence.

Still, this morning I awoke with a deep awareness of how much is not yet done. There is a Bay Area Professional Small Theatres meeting tonight, I need to get people into the rehearsal space, I have auditions for the Chinese Angle on Thursday and Friday, and I'm getting the last few musicians lined up for Sweetie Tanya and I haven't finished the script yet. I awoke in the midst of a dream of magic, class warfare, crime sprees, and crushing responsibilities and wanted to pull the covers over my head. An apt response to a Monday if ever there was one.

1 comment:

Avagadro said...

I hope you were able to use Kate's recommendations for singers. They are some good ones.

Ginger orders Sex on the Beach!!!!
hilarity ensues!!!!