Monday, February 26, 2007

Advancements

I just spoke with a "fiddle player" who is happy to provide the live music I've needed for "Nothing in the Dark". I'm terribly pleased, as he's worked with other theatre companies, so even though I'm going into this fairly blind, I believe that we can put something appropriate together. We go into rehearsals a week from tomorrow, so I'm not in a position to pick and choose. This is the benefit, as well as the frustration of directing for tiny, no budget shows. On the down side, if I could pay a musician, I'd have had someone long before now. But since I'm not, and since it's only three performances in a 45 seat house, I can take the risk without it costing me several thousand dollars. If this works out well, I'm sure there will be more collaborations down the line as well.

RadioStar has launched a blog, allowing the performers to reflect on the improv and podcasting process. It's available at the new RadioStar Network web site. It's not technically "live" yet (the site, not the blog) as the only content we currently have is the improv stream and now the blog. But we should have the first of our staged reading up shortly, and hopefully we can get the first interview up there shortly afterwards.

Vial opens on Thursday. Come check it out if you can, it's looking like a great show.

No comments: