Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sick and Dress

I was sooo pleased that I'd gotten past the current cold season without illness. So much for that. I tried going into work today, and it was a big mistake. I got through my first help desk shift, but then had to come home. I was light headed, headachey, and barely able to function.

Tonight should be fun.

I'll be hopped up on Afrin, getting through dress rehearsal. We're the last ones up, and tech was kind of a challenge last night. Our poor light designer was stressed to a tragic level and it made things a bit tense. I had written out all the cues, which she had originally understood, but then missed a crucial detail on the script and that kind of threw everything into confusion. It only takes one thing, folks. Still, in the end we got it all taken care of and tonight should go smoothly... I hope.

My goal is to be out of there by 10:30, get a ride home with Mayuko, who is seeing Hedda Gabler without me *sniffle*, and actually get a full night's sleep. I afrin'ed myself last night so I could breathe, but between the heart racing of the afrin and the mild fever I was dealing with, it took me forever to sleep. I'd like to make it back into the office tomorrow, but I had a few of the staff comment on how awful I looked, so I may at least take tomorrow off and do Help Desk from home again. I think that if i can take naps throughout the day, and keep all the windows shut (blessed dark), I'll be able to get through this week.

No comments: