Thursday, February 08, 2007

bleh

Well, last night was kind of a wash. I got the current RadioStar show up in the afternoon, but I had hoped to get a jump start on next week's show and get some writing done. I just couldn't pull it together, though. I played with Second Life a bit, creating an account and avatar. I wanted to see what this thing was like and if it was worth creating a space there that could be a virtual RadioStar Listening Room. After an hour and a half of tooling around and only seeing three other users outside the welcome kiosk, I'm not sure it would be worth the time or effort. I'll play around a little more and see if I can find if ANYWHERE is better populated, but I'm not terribly hopeful right now.

I went to my last tango class for the next several weeks, but didn't do much dancing. In an odd turn of events, there were 9 men and only 7 women, so I opted out of most of the practice time since I don't actually pay for lessons. (I've done web work for the instructors for over 7 years, most of it unpaid, so I get free lessons). It was a bit frustrating, especially as I had to walk home in the rain afterwards.

I got home and finished dorking around on Second Life for a bit, and generally completely failed to get any writing or significant editing done. Everything I tried to work on turned to dust and I found myself drifting off energetically. I hate nights like this, when I just can't focus to save my life and there are too many bright and sparkley things around to distract me.

No comments: