Wednesday, February 14, 2007

ass kicking

The last 24 hours have pretty firmly kicked my ass, but it's going to get better from this point forward, I think.

The first of the Submergency videos has been posted on YouTube. We'll be posting the entire show in chunks over the next few months. Some of these are fantastically funny, and others are just cute, but I'm pleased with the general quality of all of them and am looking forward to further improving the video quality for future shows.

Vial had its first rehearsal last night, and it went ... ok. We were missing an actor and another was an hour late, and two others were about a half hour late. Not an auspicious beginning, to say the very least. On the plus side, everyone had given good consideration to their characters, histories, secrets and relationships and people were largely off book for the read through. We only have two weeks, so I needed people as ready as possible for this start. With one of our actors gone for a third of the rehearsals, keeping things tight and working on the characters (instead of just learning the lines) is crucial.

I'm a bit freaked about still needing set pieces, but Mayu has already promised to help me get some stuff on Saturday. I just need to breathe. People will show up on time. We'll have time to do this script justice, and we'll get through it.

really, we will.

No comments: