Monday, February 12, 2007

On the edge of the rehearsal abyss.

A couple of links first off.

Kim Richards made me aware of this speech by Ross Anderson, Mayor of Salt Lake City, which I thought was worthy of note.

One of our employees here sent me a link to this case of early tech support that is probably one of the best takes on the HelpDesk experience I've ever seen.

Another good RadioStar recording session last night. We were able to record several short plays by local writer/performer Deborah Wade, and we should be able to begin podcasting them shortly.

Mayu and I were able to catch Eleanor Reinholdt and Candice Milan in "Come back to the five and dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean" at the California Conservatory Theatre this weekend. Eleanor and Candice were some of the standouts of the cast, and the show as a whole was fairly good. Definitely worth your time if you're in the area, and they have one weekend left.

Rehearsals start tomorrow for "Vial", and I'm still in need of some chairs. I have two weeks, so it isn't dire yet, but it would be nice to not have to worry about it. I'm still trying to nail down a musician for "Nothing in the Dark" as well. Feel free to refer people to me!

I got confirmation that we do NOT have the rights for the hoped for July show at the Exit, but I'm not too discouraged as that may open up time and energy and resources to convert "Pinch" into a short film. I've been getting a ton of ideas of how to film it, and floating it by people seems to be getting a positive reaction. Granted, I've also had people express a desire to shake me and yell "slow down! For god's sake, just slow down!'.

I'm not sure what they mean by that, though.

No comments: