Monday, March 05, 2007

Transitions

The show went well! We had odd little glitches here and there; light cues that were a bit off at points, drinks that didn't always end up in the faces they were intended for, interesting circumlocutions of lines; but people seem to have really enjoyed the show and that's what counts. I'll certainly do it again next year if they ask me back.

Radiostar was a bit odd last night, though. I'll write about that on the RadioStar blog.

Tonight was a meeting of the Bay Area Professional Small Theatres. Our second larger meeting, and the first chance those of us on the steering committee (or whatever the hell we are) were able to present some of our thoughts and work to the group. It was extremely informative, to say the least, and I think we have a clearer idea of how to proceed and which things are important for those of us building the organization and which things are important for the group that we represent. We've all got a lot of learning to do. The most frustrating thing for me right now is waiting for Theatre Bay Area to provide us with some of the communication tools that I could whip up myself in a flash, but we want everything to be integrated with the website. Realistically, between Radiostar, Vial, and Nothing in the Dark, I should be glad for the reprieve. Still, I wish we could start being a little more action oriented, but without a proper communication channel that's just not practical.

Tomorrow is the first rehearsal of "Nothing in the Dark". Unlike Vial, I don't have any concerns regarding set or props for this one, but I do have a costume quandry to resolve. Most of the challenge with this piece will be in how to work the development process. I've never worked like this before, which is a little scary. Still, I think we can make something truly neat with this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I hat it that I can't go see your plays right now. It's so, well, sort of gloryish to know the person who wrote a production while I'm watching it, kind of like knowing God personally for two hours. :)