Thursday, March 01, 2007

opening

I'm at home again, still sick as a dog. I was going to try and do help desk this morning, but the first person I talked to on the phone said that I sounded absolutely horrible.

Dress last night was really our tech, so tonight should be interesting. The general rule is "bad dress, good opening" and last night was the worst Dress I've had in some time. I could hear the light designer cursing in the booth at various points. I felt the same way, believe me.

Still, I think we worked out all the confusions.

Mayu picked me up after watching Hedda Gabler, and made sure I got some Nyquil before taking me home. As a result, I slept beautifully last night. Best sleep I've had all week. I still woke up sounding like Gollum, but phlegm is phlegm. I'm about to go shower, snort some heart-racing, nasal passage clearing medication and head to the theatre. I need to get a bottle of gin, empty it into a thermous and fill it full of water. One of the actors took the prop bottle, after I had told him to only pantomime pouring from it, and poured real rum into everyone's glasses last night. This wouldn't have been that big an issue, except that someone gets a drink in the face at one point and they got a FULL glass of rum all over themselves. Fortunately there is no smoking on stage in this show.

Theatre, gotta love it.

No comments: